When a pet owner administers the wrong medication.

This a difficult post to share but we feel is needed to educate people on the inappropriate use of medications on your pets.

These 2 cats came in over the weekend as an emergency case. The owner administered over the counter DOG topical flea medication without any consultation with a veterinarian. This ultimately resulted in the death of both kittens and could have been easily prevented with a recommended flea medication and appropriate dose from a veterinarian. Cases like this are hard for any veterinarian and we hope by sharing this video it will help educate pet owners to ALWAYS seek advice from your vet prior to giving any medications.

CAUTION WHEN VIEWING! This a difficult post to share but we feel is needed to educate people on the inappropriate use of medications on your pets. These 2 cats came in over the weekend as an emergency case. The owner administered over the counter DOG topical flea medication without any consultation with a veterinarian. This ultimately resulted in the death of both kittens and could have been easily prevented with a recommended flea medication and appropriate dose from a veterinarian. Cases like this are hard for any veterinarian and we hope by sharing this video it will help educate pet owners to ALWAYS seek advice from your vet prior to giving any medications.

Posted by Philema Animal Clinic on Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Call for Appointments

We will do our best to accommodate your busy schedule. Call us to request an appointment today!

Call Us at
(229) 439-2266

Our Location

Font Resize
Contrast
Call Us